Re: [OM] Ebay Jerks and Weasels

Subject: Re: [OM] Ebay Jerks and Weasels
From: "Tom Albright" <n5ksk3@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 20:31:58 -0500
I decided based on others' experiences to set some personal guidelines on
ebay transactions.  For instance, my wife was selling a ring, starting at
$80.  A prospective bidder wanted to know if I would have it resized so they
would bid on it.  Of course, I said no.  The auction was already underway.
Then, they wanted to know they could buy it "off auction" (end auction
early) for another "negotiated" price, since it was "the wrong size".  At
this point, I sent them an email stating that I don't play those games, the
price is the price, sold as-is, etc.  And they became the first ones on my
"banned bidders" list.

My wife was aghast that I would *ban* somebody from bidding.  Guess what?
Somebody else bought it for the "buy it now price".  And, after delaying a
week, then another day after their house burned to the ground, I got the
payment.

So - don't feel bad about refusing a bidder.  There's more of them.  And
some very, very good people to deal with!

- Tom