Re: [OM] Need Tripod and Head advice

Subject: Re: [OM] Need Tripod and Head advice
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 00:37:04 +0800
Ok, the local stores here don't really carry Bogen/Manfrotto... (I'm surprised at this) only Gitzo. There is 1 bogen left; a 190NAT3, in tactical green. The Gitzo's here are way out of my price range.. So if anybody has used one of these tripods, let me know what you all think..

My friend has a bogen that has the center column that is removable and can be placed horizontal so you can do a macro shot overhead...

Is this an important feature?? Don't tell me, I know I know, only I can decide; but do any of you use it? I'm wondering if I need to put that on my critera list..

The Gitzo G1377M is too big! So I'll probably settle on a Gitzo G1277, good size. Anybody have one or experience with one and can comment on it??

Albert