Re: [OM] Looking for a big brother for my OM..

Subject: Re: [OM] Looking for a big brother for my OM..
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 18:44:44 -0700
on 4/7/03 9:44 AM, Albert at olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> A bit OT, but I thought I had found the perfect big brother for my OM,
> in the Fuji GW670III, but then I read a review about the Mamiya 7... and
> start thinking that might be the better choice.
>
> I was wondering of someone has fiddled with both, and can give me a mini
> review of both on how they compare..
>
> Thanks.
> Albert

I did a little web-surfing and decided that a Mamiya 7-II would be a nice MF
rangefinder... then I looked into the cost. I'll have to get into MF a
different way. The reputation is that they have very good lenses, but none
of it is inexpensive. Mamiya closely controls prices in the US for 'official
import' equipment, but there is a strong gray-import and overseas seller
channel due to this. Though the camera is large, it isn't really much bigger
than a wunderbrick with built-in motor, etc. I thought the RF was really
bright and easy to look through, but I wouldn't use it enough to justify
getting one now.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...