[OM] Re: Need Tripod and Head advice

Subject: [OM] Re: Need Tripod and Head advice
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 10:29:07 -0700
>From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
>
>I bolt the camera onto the quick-release plate securely but when I flip the
>camera to take a horizontal shot, the camera rotates
>around the screw, as if "voting" for straight down instead of "vertical".
>
>Against my own advice on do-it-yourself photo equipment, I'm thinking of
>dropping a bolt in the back of the plate so the OM4 can't
>rotate.
>
>Am I missing something?

Sadly, no.

I like the E-20 design. It has a couple indentations for anti-rotation screws.

If you have access to some simple machine tools, and don't mind a slight mar or
the OM4, you can drill and tap a hole in the quick release plate for a
hex-wrench set-screw. It will make a slight indentation and a tiny circular
scratch on the camera baseplate, but that sucker WON'T rotate then!

--
: Jan Steinman -- nature Transography(TM): <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>