Re: [OM] Calibrating the OM4 diopter for glasses/eye fatigue?

Subject: Re: [OM] Calibrating the OM4 diopter for glasses/eye fatigue?
From: lamadoo@xxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 22:56:29 -0400
Great question.  I hope someone has a researched, academic answer.  Until then,
I'll chime in 'cause this question's been sitting here all day.

The apparent distance to the display and ground glass is a bit more than a
meter, if I recall correctly.  That's why I ordered "progressives" (bifocals
with a gradual gradient, kids) with a wide area of transition.  The newbie
selling the glasses kept pushing a formulation "with the widest area of close
focus" and I kept saying "no".  I told him I needed a mild correction at 3 feet
and that's what I got.

As to calibration, I don't have a serious answer other than to find out what
works.  It might change with eye strain or if you have the camera on an
inverted column.  In a few years I suppose I'll be too old for that kind of
posture.

Lama

> From: "Fast Primes" <fast_primes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
for those who wear glasses (particularly