Re: [OM] My second 8x10 in my life

Subject: Re: [OM] My second 8x10 in my life
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 15:13:43 -0700
If either of you decides that your 40/2.0 is a crappy lens (technical term)
and are ready to throw it in the trash, I'll take it off your hands for a
paltry sum... <g>

I can't believe what they sell for... but I don't think that's driven by the
bokeh characteristics. Perhaps the 'bokeh' quality of a lens is in some way
related to its maximum aperture...? or the number of elements used for
correction...? I've read some comments that the best bokeh comes from lenses
of few elements and relatively slower maximum apertures e.g. 50/3.5 CV
Heilar, Leica 50/2.0 Summicron, 75/3.5 Rollei Xenotar (Rolleiflex lens).
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...