Re: [OM] Bokeh & macro lenses as portrait lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Bokeh & macro lenses as portrait lenses
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 00:31:42 +0800
I'll bring up something that hasn't been brought up before, and that's the location of the blades! How many elements in front and how many elements behind it? I think that has more to do with the bokeh than the number of blades..

My 50mmf1.8 has 6 blades, and my Tokina 90mm f2.5 has 8 blades. The 50mm definitely has better bokeh than the 90mm. So blades can't be it.

Also, I suspect that the number of elements has a lot to do with it as well.. Internal reflections of image and such..

Albert