[OM] Re: Zuiko 28/3.5

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko 28/3.5
From: <cgeilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 09:45:05 -0700
Greetings Roberto,
  I can only comment on the 28/3.5 as I have never owned
the f2.8 version. Although I agree with the others who
have stated that for all practical purposes there is
little difference in these two lenses.
  I have had the 28/3.5 since around 1978 and for many
years it was a constant companion during my travels but
it has seen little use over the last ten years as I have
moved on to the 24mm for a little wider perspective.
  In looking back at my old slides taken with this lens
(all Kodachrome 64) I must say that I'm still pleased
with the results. It is sharp with reasonably good
contrast. At the time I was using it regularly I had no
trouble focusing in low light, but I was a lot younger
then.
  I think you would be happy with either of these lenses.
Heck, they are so cheap you might as well buy both and
keep which ever you like better. Or do like me: I have a
kit that I call my "Grunge" kit that is reserved for
photographic battle-zones (don't start any flame wars
please). It consists of an OM-10, 50/1.8, 28/3.5 and 75-
150/4 zoom. They are all old pieces of equipment that can
be easily/cheaply replaced should disaster strike. These
go with me to the beach, when I'm traveling by water,
high-crime areas, etc. You get the point.

Good Luck in Your Choice,
Charlie Geilfuss