[OM] Storage and Organization of Oly photos.

Subject: [OM] Storage and Organization of Oly photos.
From: "Bob Fenstermacher" <bobfenstermacher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 10:15:31 -0700
I seem to recall this being briefly discussed a while ago...but,there's a good
bunch of new listees aboard...and, since all of you
fellow zuikoholics must be using those cherished lenses shooting roll after
roll of film, how to you physically organize and store
them to find the great shots a couple of years later?

Assume that a person scans in his favorites (scanner and printer high on want
list-coming soon), is there a database program that
searches for key words  or subjects that is especially designed for photos?

How do you go from finding the digital scan to finding the original negative?

Secondly, How, physically, do you store the negs, 5X7 or 3X5 prints (or 8X10s)
with the negs?

 Are there good commercial filing boxes available? Anyone use notebooks or
albums anymore?  Do you only keep the best?

 Do you organize them by date, or?

There are great storage boxes for slides, but stacks of prints and negatives
are bulky and shoeboxes are not cutting it anymore.
Never did.

I'm shooting more film as I get better equipment and learn to use it better-but
I can't find my favorites after a short time. Sorry
for the long list of questions, but, this is becoming more and more of a
problem with each newly developed roll.

Help!  (Thanks mucho for any suggestions)

Bob F