Re: [OM] RE: Film/digital Wars[OT]

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: Film/digital Wars[OT]
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 14:32:46 -0700

From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dimage 7 disadvantages: ... silver plastic body doesn't
"look professional enough" to impress clients, proprietary batteries? (not
certain)

The Dimage 7Hi has black color body and use AA batteries...

Oops! Sorry. I understand the 7Hi has many improvements over the 7i that I played with.

but it is still CCD
finder, I can never accept a electronic viewfinder until it can reach at
least 1024x768...

I agree. BE CERTAIN you play with an electronic viewfinder digicam before purchasing it! This is the sort of thing that may break your heart if you buy it mail-order, sight-unseen.

I'm sure it can be gotten used to, and I'm sure you can still take great photos with it, but the viewfinder just totally turned me off.

--
: Jan Steinman -- nature Transography(TM): <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>