Re: [OM] Re: Photo's from the front line

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Photo's from the front line
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 11:56:05 -0700

From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I can't help it; I get goose bumps seeing the great still photo's coming
out of Iraq.
Got a OM-2n OM-4Ti that would love to be there.
Dan

The photographs each day in the LA Times have been awesome. Much more
powerful than the stream of video from CNN.  There are some amazingly
talented young photographers over there.

Even better are the non-US sources. Most of the US media photos are coming from embedded reporters, and are rather one-sided. If you think the war photos you've been seeing are "beautiful" or "glorious," you should check out al-jazera's web site for a different point-of-view.

Now I suggest we take the moderators advice, and recognize that there ARE different points of view, and we risk turning this into a flame-fest if we continue.
--
: Jan Steinman -- nature Transography(TM): <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>

I was not making a political statement for you to object to. Did you see one? Were you being sarcastic? I was just commenting on the quality of the photos. Sorry you could not take it for what it was.

Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA