Re: [OM] Best way to clean OM-1N mirror

Subject: Re: [OM] Best way to clean OM-1N mirror
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 13:51:51 -0700
I would probably try alcohol first. I've used rubbing alcohol successfully on the later partially reflective mirrors. Whatever I tried, I would test on the lower front corners first. Although the mirrors in Olys are square, those in many other SLRs and TLRs are (or at least, were), trapezoidal, to match the actual image on them. The front corners never reflect any image, so are a safe place to experiment.

If the marks don't have any effect on the viewfinder image, you may want to just leave them. They can't affect the actual picture.

Moose

Gary M. Teller wrote:

My OM-1N mirror has what appears to be minor streaks of residue from--I'm guessing--deteriorated foam. What's the best way to clean this stuff off the mirror?