Re: [OM] photoshop questions

Subject: Re: [OM] photoshop questions
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 14:02:51 -0700
If you write a manuscript, take it to a copy shop and have a copy of it made, both the rights to the intellectual property you created and the owership of the copy you paid for are yours. Same goes for visual art. It is, of course, possible to create a contract to assign joint or exclusive rights to another party in return for stated compensation. Absent a signed contract, the payment for scanning to CD was simply a payment for services and the shop has no rights to the results at all. Your wife should mark any copies for sale or for viewing on the web with her copyright notice.

Moose

Mike wrote:

My wife just had some large art work scanned and is having it made into prints, cards etc. I gave her a blank CD so she could get the file. Well, my CD wasn't compatible with the computers at the print shop, they use macs, we use windose. So if they burn a CD for her will it be compatible in Windose? What should I specify? Actually I would like to get the Photshop file which includes the work already done in getting ready to print. It should then work with my profiles etc., right? Does my wife own this file or is this added work still the property of the print shop? How do you professionals handle this?