Re: [OM] Re: ( OM) OT fonts in e-mail - digest test

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: ( OM) OT fonts in e-mail - digest test
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 14:06:32 -0700

On Sunday, April 13, 2003, at 01:08 PM, Donald MacDonald wrote:

I moved to individual mails from Digest mode when I got my broadband,
always-on connection. Digest was more convenient when I used dial-up.

The good thing about the individual mails is I can now operate efficient kill files for the serial quoters and HTML fans. If I was still on dial-up I
would still be on Digest, though.

We offer a digest mode. It seems to me to be a courtesy to post in Plain Text and to quote only relevant parts of the mail we are replying to. IMHO.
None of this is very hard.

There are always another side. When a digest is offered as a courtesy to people who really think it might be better, it is probably not nice for them to continually complain about it. I have never graduated to broadband and have used both digest and normal forms of this list with a dial up connection. I can not imagine why anyone would use the digest unless they just can not be bothered to make the settings in their email client and would prefer others to optimize their viewing experience for them. Then I wonder why they advertise the fact.

Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA