Re: [OM] Light Seal question

Subject: Re: [OM] Light Seal question
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 15:25:03 -0400
Olympus light seal material is just foam.  I buy it in bulk and cut it to
size.  You can buy it from Curt Fargo if desired.

First, if you've got alkaline (A76, LR44) batteries in there or lithium
double cell (CR1/3N), these alone can cause a 2-3 stop error in manual.
Negative film underexposed this much will not look good.  A poorly run mini
lab can make any neg look bad or bad negs worse.
A light leak will cause random patches of blacked out film, sometimes in
multi colors, anything you can imagine.  Look at the negatives, a light leak
can run right through the picture area and through the sprockets to the edge
of the film. It will not necessarily be confined to just the frame area.
John Hermanson  www.zuiko.com
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743-4714
631-424-2121 For Free Olympus manuals,
please call 1-800-221-3000