Roll-call: Zuikoholics in Paris (was: Re: [OM] Paris trip)

Subject: Roll-call: Zuikoholics in Paris (was: Re: [OM] Paris trip)
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 00:01:37 +0200
Cc: d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 22:32:46 +0100
"Donald MacDonald" <d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well, I will have the Significant Other with me, so I have to
> respect her wishes! ;-)
>
> I had considered this, but I'm a bit chicken-hearted when it comes
> to suggesting these things to her...

Just tell her that I won't show you the street packed with
photo-shops here if she agrees to the meeting - whereas I will email
you exact directions if she doesn't :)

> We are in Paris from Wednesday afternoon to Sunday afternoon,
> staying at the Libertel on the corner of Vaneau and Sevres. The
> only things we have planned(though we haven't set a time for them)
> is 'doing' Versailles and the islands in the Seine.

Sounds like a plan. I live in Paris, yet work in Versailles (well, in
Rocquencourt, which is a suburb of Versailles)...the garden of the
castle is pretty these days...

Also, remember that if you go to Notre Dame, you will not only need
fast films and a wide-angle, but also to go down the street on the
side of the church to get the best ice-cream in Paris.....:)

I'd also reccomend a stroll up on the west side of the Seine. Start
at Gare d'Austerliz and walk up towards Notre Dame on an afternoon or
early evening. It's a fairly nice path - with parisians picknique'ing
and dancing (!!!) on the banks of the river, weather permitting. And
by "dancing", I do not mean kids with ghettoblasters and hip-hop...

Also, the original of the staute of liberty is worth a sight :) With
luck, you can get a photo of that and the eiffel-tower in the same
frame.

> It would be nice to put a face or two to the names. Fiona is being
> non-committal, but this is not necessarily a bad thing.
>
> Not much time now. I'm guessing it would be the weekend for you?

Well, I am flexible, as long as it is not wednesday :) My boss is on
vacation, and unless some emergency happens at work, I can be as
flexible as I please. Probably, even, a weekday would suit me better
than the weekend.

Any other zuikoholics in Paris, who's free at some time while Donald
is here???

--thomas

> Donald.
>
> -