Re: [OM] Light Seal question

Subject: Re: [OM] Light Seal question
From: Charles Sdunek <charles@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 18:37:37 -0400
Bad light seals generally leave bright edges to your photos or streaks across them. I had one camera that had such a bad seal that it made every photo look like there were flames framing the bottom of the photo.

What you are describing sounds to me like your mirror might be out of adjustment. If your mirror was not precisely adjusted, your focus would be a little bit off. I had a body that had this problem once. I shot a whole roll of film through it before I realized it focused to infinity before the stop. After that I started focusing on objects then measuring the distance to see if it matched the markings on the lens.

To tell if your light seals are shot, I would suggest loading your film in the dark, and taping over the back so no light could leak in, then see if you get better results.

Charles