[OM] T32 vs non OEM flash

Subject: [OM] T32 vs non OEM flash
From: James Royall <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 11:26:33 +0100
Hi,

New to this list, I am awaiting arrival of an OM2n. I want to get a flash unit for it, but can't work out the pros and cons of OEM over third party. It will mainly be used for family type shots. Bounce and fill in is a must. What I'm wondering is:

- whether it is really advantageous to be able to bounce in two plains, which would rule out the T32. Presumably using the camera in portrait format could be problematic? (I don't really want to go to the lengths (and bulk) of using a bounce grip.

- whether you get any less performance (eg in TTL metering) from going for the likes of a Sunpak?

Any thoughts and suggestions would be most appreciated. I'm thinking of going for the T32 as if it doesn't suit my needs then at least I will be able to sell it for about what I paid in the first place.

James