Re: [OM] Avoiding X-Ray Machines & Need U.K. Advice

Subject: Re: [OM] Avoiding X-Ray Machines & Need U.K. Advice
From: "John Hudson" <13874@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 10:23:50 -0300
----- Original Message -----
From: <Jez.Cunningham@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, 16 April, 2003 09:55 AM

> For a film supplier:
> I use www.7dayshop.com or www.mx2.com
>

> Re: x-ray etc., hopefully this note from work longer applies:
> Note to all business travellers - 24 Mar, 2003
>

>    We have been advised by the Department of Transport that new security
>    measures could be introduced at UK airports at any time, as a result of
>    the current situation in Iraq.
>

>    These measures may include a severe restriction or even a total ban on
>    hand luggage for all carriers.

Having passed through Heathrow and Gatwick on several occasions over the
last 25 years it is simply impossible to avoid having one's carry on luggage
xrayed unless of course one chose not to travel. Creating a scene or getting
abusive with the $5 an hour security people would more than likely lead to
arrest and prosecution. These people are not paid to exercise discretion.

jh