[OM] Visit to the Great White North

Subject: [OM] Visit to the Great White North
From: The Butler Family <butlerfamly@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 07:45:02 -0700
 Hello All,

It is with great sadness I write. After reading Joel's story of death and resurrection last week I departed for my trip to the Ottawa area. After progressing through the much improved security (read: polite, courteous and hand inspected film and camera without argument) I landed in Ottawa and proceeded to Customs. The Agent asked about some samples I was carrying and in the process of digging through my bag I knocked my IS-3 off the counter and on to the floor. It still lights up and it tries to function but it is clearly not right mechanically. So I will be sending it off in hope of getting it made right. So much for the bad news,

Of all of the times I could choose to go to Ottawa it would be the same time that Mark Dapos heads for Alameda, CA. Fortunately Mark returned home one day before I was to leave and allowed for a get together. The first stop on the agenda was his friends Elk farm, a truly fascinating experience. You would be surprised at the varied uses for Elk. Then it was on to Marks house for dinner. After dinner Mark gave me tour of his collection. It is really depressing that someone can take such fine pictures and have a collection of Olympus goodies of truly Zuikoholic proportions. I would like to publicly thank Mark and his family for their hospitality. I am looking forward to my next trip to the Great White North, I just hope I can get back before Mosquito season.

Mike Butler
Dublin, California