[OM] Re: List status?

Subject: [OM] Re: List status?
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 10:14:41 -0700
>From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
>
>It's a simple question, but answering it raises deep philosophical issues.

What if the list IS alive, but doesn't want us to know it? Granted, there is a
difference between "life" and "sentience," but it seems to me if I were a
sentient, living list, I wouldn't make it too obvious!

I mean, what if the list ENJOYS its life the way it is? Why would it want to
spoil it by letting the world know? There'd be the interviews, the Letterman,
the Leno, the endless questions, the pressure to write a book, the reality TV
series, the syndication, the agents, the managers, the accountants, the
TAXES!!!... who wants a life like that? (Well, who besides Madonna and Cher and
all those other people with one name.)

Perhaps it is best if we just let the list have its own life. It will let us
know when the time is right.

--
: Jan Steinman -- nature Transography(TM): <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>