Re: [OM] which ink jet printer printer shall I buy

Subject: Re: [OM] which ink jet printer printer shall I buy
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 15:31:04 -0700
All you folks who believe the 2200 to be archival should read this <http://www.drycreekphoto.com/PrintTest/PrintTest.htm> and the links to details on it. I've never even seen one, and make no personal judgements. I'm just passing on what my research turned up. On the other hand, I'm pleased at the showing the 1280 is making so far, as my 1270 uses the same inks.

Moose

Skip Williams wrote:

The 2200, with it's UltraChrome pigment inks, is the most archival OEM printer
on the market today.  There's one (or it's successor) in my future, hopefully
this year if I can make room for it.  The 6-color ink set comes in individual
cartridges, which saves a lot on replacements.  I've seen prints from it, and
they're magnificant; perhaps not as punchy as those on glossy from a 1280, but
I'd rather have 990f the quality for many times the lifetime.