Re: [OM] which ink jet printer printer shall I buy

Subject: Re: [OM] which ink jet printer printer shall I buy
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 15:55:43 -0700
It's a funny business, all right. I have several 8x10s just pinned to a cork board where they are exposed to indirect sunlight, lots of tungsten light and whatever is in the air, including the adjacent kitchen. They have been there over a year and there is no obvious color shift. I'm sure if I made new prints I would see a difference, but any changes are apparently even enough between the dyes that no tint shift is noticeable. These are mostly family portraits with large areas of skin tones. These are from the 1270 with Epson inks and Epson Photo paper, not even the fancy Premium Glossy stuff.

Moose

Norman S. Nadel wrote:

Moose:

One can never say never .. sometimes!

I had a 1280 and Epson bought it back.  All of my prints turned Orange in less
than 2 months .. the cyan just faded away.  I now have the Canon 9000 and an
Epson 2200 and have had no problems with either although I did expect them with
the 9000 since it uses dye based inks like the 1280.