Re: [OM] Re: List status?

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: List status?
From: Jez.Cunningham@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 11:42:12 +0200
I think it's time to adapt that sig someone had recently:
"Don't anthropomorphize mailing lists - they hate that"
Jez

Thomas Heide Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>@Zuiko.sls.bc.ca on 17-04-2003
10:45:37 AM

Please respond to olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent by:    owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To:    olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc:

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003 23:05:32 +0100
Giles <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> When I was administering the list, it used to talk to me -
> seriously.
>
> It would send me little messages all the time, sort of gossip.  It
> would tell me who had just joined and who had pulled the plug.
>
> These things 'mattered' to it a great deal, I could just tell.
> Spooky huh?
>
> I would even talk back to it sometimes, I mean, it just seemed rude
> not to.
>
> If you don't believe me just ask Thomas, he'll tell you!
>
> Giles

Ohhyes, Giles is definitely right. It's even developed more of a
personality over time. Still, though, it is mostly well-behaved, and
the chatter between the list and I is quite nice for the most part.
If I ignore it, and does not talk back, then it starts to misbehave
and do all sorts of unpleasantries. Only normal, it's getting lonely
and bored :)

--thomas