Re: [OM] which ink jet printer printer shall I buy--to Norm

Subject: Re: [OM] which ink jet printer printer shall I buy--to Norm
From: "jmet" <jmet@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 07:44:10 -0500
Hi Norm-noted in your post that you have the 2200 and the 9000.  Those are
the 2 over which I'm debating.  If you have some time I'd love to hear your
critiques of both.  I'm hearing that the 2200 is maybe not so good with
glossy paper; that it's pretty good as is for black and white; haven't heard
about Canon's ability with b/w.   I hear the 9000 is fast and I think it's
dye ink so probably better for glossy than the 2200.  Epsons have had nozzle
clogging problems in the past; I haven't heard much about Canon in that
area, maybe because they don't have the problem.  Have not opinions
expressed on these 2 printers by someone who has worked with both.  You
obviously had reasons for having both and I'd love to hear them.  Wonder
what your experience is on these points and how long have you had each and
what do you use each for, etc.  I'm using Windows XP Home.  This is off
topic so feel free to email me direct.

Jim