RE: [OM] Avoiding X-Ray Machines & Need U.K. Advice

Subject: RE: [OM] Avoiding X-Ray Machines & Need U.K. Advice
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 23:02:35 +0100
Bill

In London these people have a good reputation, and will likely be able to
meet your time constraints, as they operate 24/7 with a 90 minute turnround:
http://www.metroimaging.co.uk/ although I have not used them myself (not
having the same constraints).  If you can reveal where you're staying in
London, I can suggest which of their branches (East, West, Central) is
easiest to get to.

I can recommend (from personal experience) the E6 processing by dlab7.com
which others have alluded to - they are based alongside 7dayshop.com in
Guernsey (who are fine to supply film, but allow time for delivery), but
dlab7 are are not as fast as I suspect you will need.

And I can also agree that SnappySnaps are good, despite the appearance of
being a minilab - at best, their people are knowledgeable and helpful.

But I can also tell you that I have carried ISO400 film through UK xray
machines repeatedly, with no sign of fogging.  And when I say repeatedly, I
mean the same film, twice a week, for several weeks.  YMMV.

Piers