Re: [OM] zuiko 100 2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] zuiko 100 2.8
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 09:59:33 -0700 (PDT)
>Is the multicoated version of 100mm 2.8 very much sharper then
>the single-coated?
>I know that mc has more resolution but contrast is almost the
>same.

I promise to behave...

I believe that the older single-coated lenses have slightly
better sharpness in the center, but the MC is sharper
edge-to-edge.  The MC version is less flare prone and gives
cleaner shadows. You really can't go wrong with ANY 100/2.8
Zuiko.  They are natures most perfect lenses.

When rolling through a stack of pictures from a photo shoot, I
can almost always identify the 100/2.8 pictures based on
sharpness and bokeh.  This lens (along with the older 35/2.8)
matches my "vision" perfectly.  The pictures have a 3D look that
is lost in other lenses.

I would suggest that not all silver-nosed 100/2.8s are created
equal.  Mine has many more coatings than other single-coated
lenses, but doesn't possess the "green" reflection that
everybody put in to signify that it was a multicoated lens.

Also, the newer MC (black-nosed variety with green reflections)
100/2.8 lenses are notibly cooler.  Probably more accurate, but
definitely cooler.  I use exclusively older SC lenses (hence the
moniker) as they all have relatively the same color-cast.

Besides, they look better.

AG-(and I almost made it)-Schnozz