Re: [OM] Shutter speed ring is "tight"

Subject: Re: [OM] Shutter speed ring is "tight"
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 16:29:51 -0500
Could be several different things, of course -- dust/sand/gunk
(technical term) in between it and the body or under the mount, could be
the dial is "out of round" (aka, bent), or the mount itself may be bent
(impact to the lens, etc.), body focus off.  But first be sure it's not
just that you're squeezing a little too tightly on the knurls of the
dial -- push on them tangentially at the edges rather than squeezing and
trying to turn.

If that's not it, the first thing I'd do (after checking body focus for
signs of impact) would be to remove the mount and dial and clean each
thoroughly.  Then lube lightly and re-install.  If that didn't work, I'd
substitute the dial with a spare.