[OM] re: NOW: [OT] Weather

Subject: [OM] re: NOW: [OT] Weather
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 02:41:54 EDT
Mike wrote:

<A
HREF="http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/WalkDogs/scout4-16.jpg";>http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/WalkDogs/scout4-16.jpg</A>

Was salmon fishing one July close inshore by where that shot was taken, Mike,
and a pod of Orcas surfaced RIGHT next to my boat.  Sorta gets your attention
when a six foot high fin and a black body longer than your boat comes up
RIGHT next to you and that loud "Phoosh!" of breath hits your ears.  Scares
the salmon away, too, but it was worth the trip out just for the Orca
sighting, once they were well along their way and I could breathe again.

I put on a brave front, and said nonchalantly to the ex, "Well, there goes
the fishing."

Nice shot.  Great companion you got there.  I see the usual fog over in
Rosario Strait.

Rich