Re: WAS [OM] lost camera NOW editing web pages

Subject: Re: WAS [OM] lost camera NOW editing web pages
From: "R. Jackson" <jackson.robert.r@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 03:34:49 -0700
I don't do a ton of coding anymore, but I really love Dreamweaver. I use version 4 and haven't tried MX, but I hear it's pretty nice. Dreamweaver is really hip for a whole bunch of reasons, IMO. The document you're working on can be toggled really easily between code, WYSIWYG and a split screen with code at the top and WYSIWYG at the bottom. It's a really intuitive interface and the site management features are really smart. Change something and the site management tools change all the pages that need to be changed to reflect the changes you've made. It also makes global changes via style sheets really easy. I pretty much loved it when I used to use it all the time. It's really easy to use tables effectively as tools for page design. And it writes really tidy code. That's really the coolest thing. Looking at the raw code isn't painful like it is with a lot of editing packages. Oh, and it will clean up Word or FrontPage markups, which is handy if you're an ex-user of one of those packages.

I don't work for them or anything, I just liked their software. I've used Adobe's GoLive and I've used HotMetal, but mostly I used to hand-code with notepad or wordpad because it was fast and uncomplicated. Dreamweaver is simple, though, and very powerful and not a resource hog...or at least 4 wasn't...watch me have gone through this cheerleader routing and then find out that MX really sucks. ;-)

-Rob