[OM] Forced Poverty

Subject: [OM] Forced Poverty
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 06:28:37 -0700 (PDT)
I had been notified recently that my services in my present
occupation will not be of interest anymore.  Seems that 1220f
goal just isn't good enough.  They are replacing me with some
really high-priced talent from some supersized telecom or
something.  Fortunately, they did give me lead-time instead of
informing me by way of the keycard not working.

In one aspect, I don't really mind.  The job has been WAY too
stressful and all-consuming.  It's been months since I've picked
up the OMs.  I've had "egress" on the mind for a while now,
anyway.  However, instead of just throwing me out on the street,
they are throwing me a bone.  A position about 2 steps down and
substantially less pay.  OK, from management to janitor. (not
quite that bad).

So, anyway, that 122% thing and a few other kudos have made
their way onto the latest version of my resume and is being
marketed to prospective companies around the country.  There is
a possiblity of one coming up that would allow me to continue to
live and work in corn-country!  I'd get to be involved in R&D
again!  Best thing about this one company is that I might be
able to work part-time for it.  Part-time pay would probably be
in the ball-park of full-time at my new reduced position.

AG