Re: [OM] We don't need no steenking shift lens...

Subject: Re: [OM] We don't need no steenking shift lens...
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 13:49:05 -0400
CH sent the following image which I threw into Picture Window and adjusted the perspective until the buildings were standing upright again. Looks pretty good to me. If you don't have this type of software and are curious what it does send me an email and I will send you the modified image (assuming CH does not object). The PW JPEG compressor squeezed it down to half the size of CH's original but it's still 1.5 MB.

Zuiko 18/3.5 at F5.6 1/30s ISO 400. I think all setting were at normal, no post sharpening.

http://www.accura.com.hk/IMG_1158.JPG (2.85MB)

There was also some discussion here about a Canon tilt/shift lens. Some may recall that I recently bought a Zuiko 24 mm shift from a guy who had both the Zuiko and the Canon. He said the Zuiko was a superior lens but that he had chosen to keep only the Canon because of the tilt capability. His gig was shooting insects and the Canon was better for keeping a long line of army ants in focus by tilting the lens.

My software will fix the perspective on a digital image but it won't correct the focus. Now that would be nice!

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA