Re: [OM] Re: OT computer question but related to OM

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: OT computer question but related to OM
From: "Ian BManners" <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 17:35:05 +1000 (EST)
Hi Mike

>>I'm out of IRQ's and this is causing me several problems...
>>I have two
>>SCSI scanners each with their own ISA card and each taking up an IRQ.
>>These cards are unique to each scanner, i.e. cannot be daisy chained.

Buy yourself a real SCSI card, there is no reason you cannot
daisychain the two scanners, the cards supplied with scanners
are normally bundled for a quick setup, and I would be very
surprised if you couldnt change the SCSI ID's on either, or
both scanners.

ISA, or PCI 32 or 64bit SCSI cards can be found with ease on eBay.

This is from an OS/2 v4.52, OS v10.2, and an AIX v4.3.3 user :-)
All machines are pure SCSI, I keep IDE for NameServer and
backup email server use only, and the odd IDE CD-ROM.