[OM] Put yourself in the place of...

Subject: [OM] Put yourself in the place of...
From: "Bill Pearce" <bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 08:49:54 -0500
...the Olympus company. Many, if not all of us, want a digital body that
will accept our existing lenses. If I were Olympus, I wouldn't bother, for
purely economic reasons. It would cost some money to develop, and what would
be the result? A few people (after all, we know that there but about 500
members on this list worldwide) would buy one, and then, nothing else. It
would be like making a razor, but not the blades. If they were to do this,
it would be even more expensive than the last price on the OM3T, and have an
even more limited market.

That doesn't even begin to consider the problems of selling the public a MF
camera.

Bill Pearce