[OM] Links to JPEG2000 browser plug-ins

Subject: [OM] Links to JPEG2000 browser plug-ins
From: Scott Gomez <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 11:04:05 -0700
A while ago someone here posted a link to a JPEG2000 plug-in for Photoshop
(I've forgotten who, but thanks!). I thought it might be nice to have
browser plug-ins as well. Here are the only two that I found easily via
Google:

Elysium Ltd's plug-in is originally designed for Netscape browsers and they
say it can also be used for IE (tested with version 5.5) and Opera (tested
with version 5.01)

http://www.elysium.ltd.uk/jpeg_2000.html

This German site has an ActiveX implementation for IE:

http://www.jp2tools.de/English/

If you browse the pages at the site, you'll find an automated install in two
flavors (at the link listed above) as well as interface examples showing how
you can integrate JP2 files in your web pages with the ActiveX control.
Pages are available in both English and German languages. Based on how I use
my system, I downloaded this one. Seems to work just fine on IE6/Win2K

There may be others available. I wasn't that interested in digging much
further via Google.

---
Scott Gomez