[OM] Brassing, was OM Braising

Subject: [OM] Brassing, was OM Braising
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 12:14:28 -0700
Do you mean brassing, i.e. paint wearing off so tha the underlying brass shows?

Well, mostly brass, titanium on the 'T(i)' models, plastic on most 2 digit models and brass colored undercoat on the OMPC.

Sharpies work to hide small flaws, but there isn't much solution I know of to big areas short of a new cover/part or repainting. I've never seen much about repainting on the list. anybody with some experience to share on the subject. I have a few new top plates, but have been thinking I'd like to try repainting a bottom plate. No color to fill in and it would retain the serial number.

Moose

danrich wrote:

On the black OM body's, anybody have a technique to hid or remove braising?
Only way I know is a selective use of using a black marker or gun bluing?