RE: [OM] Oly C-2500L card problem

Subject: RE: [OM] Oly C-2500L card problem
From: Scott Gomez <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 19:49:56 -0700
Hi Judith,

Another approach you might take is to find someone with a card reader
capable of reading the same type of card. Then download pics to their
machine, burn a CD with them on it (or email them) and now that your pics
are safe, you can troubleshoot your problem from there.

Another idea: sometimes the card reader doesn't properly detect the card
being removed or ejected, and so is thinking it's still the smaller size
card. Try shutting your machine all the way off and restarting, then insert
the card you're having trouble with.

And yet another idea: try disconnecting and reconnecting the reader using
the very same connection point on the PC ( and assuming it is a USB card
reader) with the machine powered up. I've seen machines "forget" the card
reader for no apparent reason, and disconnecting/reconnecting causes it to
be redetected and the problem to magically go away.

---
Scott Gomez