Re: [OM] Butterflies of Costa Rica

Subject: Re: [OM] Butterflies of Costa Rica
From: "Fast Primes" <fast_primes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 11:15:43 -0400
Hi Matt,

Great work! I was in Costa Rica myself, with only a 100F2.0 as my longest lens and I had great difficulty getting close enough for a frame filling shot. Did you use fill flash and/or a tripod? If not, what shutter/aperture combinations were you using?

I also had a Pantx 645 with a 120F4.0 (about 70mm in 35mm terms) 1:1 macro and I had NO luck what so ever with that either. It seemed to me butterflies require at least the 135 you had and perhaps a 180F2.8 or 65-200 zoom with ext tube or diopter close-up lenses as well.

fast_primes