RE: [OM] Re: Forced Poverty

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: Forced Poverty
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 09:16:10 -0600
My granddad in Iowa had a creek flowing through his place and there was a
long clay slope (beach??) that led to the creek. That was great fun to slide
down when it rained. Clay was abundant but sand and gravel were scarce
commodities around there. I remember people spreading corn cobs on their
driveways. People in Iowa have found some interesting uses for corn cobs,
the worst probably being in the outhouse. /jim