[OM] XA low-light metering?

Subject: [OM] XA low-light metering?
From: "Daniel Mitchell" <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 16:14:57 -0600
 I was just playing around with my XA and I noticed something;

 Shooting indoors, artificial light, f5.6/400 film (say), the OM2S (with a
35mm lens on it) reads at 1/60th. The XA reads at 1/15th.

 Now, doing the same comparison in daylight the next day (at f16 to keep in
range) they both read 1/400th or so, as I'd expect.

 I didn't do tests as the sun came up, but I get the impression that the
XA's light meter tends to be under-sensitive in lower light conditions. I
changed the batteries, that didn't help; am I right here, or is there
something else going on?

 thanks,

 -- dan (just about to get out the acetone again, sticky magnet just hit
again..)