Re: [OM] Butterflies of Costa Rica

Subject: Re: [OM] Butterflies of Costa Rica
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 19:21:49 -0700
Great photos Matt. I recognize some of the species as being similar if
not the same as ones I've seen and photographed in other parts of Latin
America. Foz do Iguacu'  being a particularly good spot. My budget and
light weight traveler's kit consisted of a 135/3.5 and a couple of front
mount close up filter type diopters. Surprisingly good considering the
limitations plus no light loss. Unfortunately that wheel of slides did
not survive a past move.

Here's a couple of bug shots with the 135/4.5 that I only had to travel
about 3 steps from the door to get. This gal got to be a familiar sight
in the flowers outside the door last summer. Still have to clean up the
damage done by the gorilla who developed these. I think he must have
dragged the negs across his cave.

http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/macro/ambush.jpg
http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/macro/dinner.jpg

Mike