Re: [OM] WTB: Lens hood/shade for Zuiko 28-48 zoom

Subject: Re: [OM] WTB: Lens hood/shade for Zuiko 28-48 zoom
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 20:50:14 EDT
In a message dated 4/24/03 6:21:53 PM Central Daylight Time,
john.duggan1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> What do you mean " impossible to find"    :-)  Regards,  John Duggan, Wales,
> UK.

My most sincerely apologies to the fine gentleman from Wales.  John Duggan is
an excellent example of what makes this list great.  A couple of years ago, I
found myself with a 28-48mm Zuiko which was a bit naked, having been
separated from its dedicated hood (assuming it had once had one) and I made a
plea to the group in an attempt to find one, with no success.  I then made
another plea and this time received a response from John, saying that he
indeed had an extra and it could be mine for a reasonable amount.  If memory
serves me right, I had a friend who was departing from England for a visit
with my family, send payment and John then shipped to England and the hood
arrived with my guests a few days later.  The marvels of modern technology.
The marvels of a group connected by common interests.  This, my friends, is
part of the beauty of this worldwide community.  John again, my apologies (I
did say nearly, didn't I).  Oh, by the way, to you have an extra hood for the
24-48mm Tamron?  Yes, I need one and this is after all, my second plea. ;-)
Bill Barber