[OM] The Seven Winders of the World

Subject: [OM] The Seven Winders of the World
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 15:27:57 -0700 (PDT)
I had to laugh at myself the other day (joining the ranks that
laugh at me, I guess).

I took the IS-3 to a ballgame (Iowa Cubs vs New Orleans) and
figured after a few bum shots that I'd put it on "Sports
Program" mode.

I'm shooting from down by the firstbase line at the batter.  The
lighting was perfect, the view at 180mm was perfect, I was all
primed and ready for a perfectly timed shot.  Here comes the
windup, the batter starts to swing and I press the shutter
release...

Rap-rap-rap-rap-rap-rap-rap-rap!

I scare myself silly.  Sports mode puts the winder in continous
advance.  It's one thing to be expecting it, but I haven't used
continous advance for a LOOOOONG time.  I've developed such a
slow rolling button press that it took 7 or 8 shots before I
could retract my finger from the button.

I doubt that frames 2-8 were usable as the camera was pointing
up at the stands or to the sky by that point.  Several people
were laughing at me as I was obviously shaken.

I quickly changed the MD setting to "Single".

AG-Schnozz