Re: [OM] Winder 2

Subject: Re: [OM] Winder 2
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 22:14:21 -0700
I think the suggestion is to remove the screw from the quick release
plate, put the screw through a washer, put screw back through quick
release plate, attach quick release plate to winder (camera, lens, rail,
whatever). The quick release plate will provide the same friction that
it did before the modification. It won't stick as far through the QR
plate.

The screw in my Bogen QR plate is held in place by a C-lock washer that
could probably work just as well with a washer/spacer on the bottom side
of the QR plate. I'm not sure how well the plate would lock into the
tripod head as the "screw" looks like it is already flush with the
bottom of the plate. A washer would make the head stick out below the
plate. Perhaps a head with a lower head could be found but it would
probably be easier to "find" a shorter screw.

-jeff