Re: [OM] Fast Bright Flash

Subject: Re: [OM] Fast Bright Flash
From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 04:06:06 -0400
No fair ganging up!  Like I said, I'm guessing that if a photocell-circuit can
STOP a dump in 1/40,000, I'll bet it can START a dump
in 1/40,000th.

If that's true, than the main flash's very long 1/8000 duration will be the
limiting factor.

But if one takes 1/40,000 to react and the second is twice as long, 1/20,000 of
a second, and a third is right in the middle, at
1/30,000 then the limiting factor is still the main flash.  Why are you guys
thinking that numerous slaves from the same model and
production run would have a time constant that varies by more than 50%?

Wouldn't you expect the delay is selected by some component value that is +/-
10% at most?

Lama

Moose said,> > Much fun. But I think one concern isn't about losing sync due to
the

From: "Wayne Harridge"