RE: [OM] Which slide scanner

Subject: RE: [OM] Which slide scanner
From: "Matt Bays" <baysm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 18:56:54 -0700
I've had the Nikon Super Coolscan 4000 ED(with ICE) using the firewire
for a year or so, use the Epson 2000P for output on a 1.8 ghz machine
and have had very good results. They are also much cheaper now that the
8000 ED has come out. You can't beat the ICE software for repairing
damged or scratched negs or slides, just takes a little while to figure
out the software and the effects of going too little or too much with
the ICE, ROC, or GEM. Whatever you get, make sure you get it with ICE,
it's indispensible.