Re: [OM] T32 diffuser question

Subject: Re: [OM] T32 diffuser question
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 00:04:12 -0400
At 21:44 4/26/03, Acer wrote:
On Sat, 26 Apr 2003 18:36:50 -0600, Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well, the Oly WA diffuser is an abbreviated cross-section of a Fresnel lens, so I assume that it distributes the light dump a little better than a homemade one would. Also it's transparent, so there's probably a little less light-loss. IMHO. Of course.

Odd, the pics on the eSIF have it looking "milky" translucent. anyway, searching about, i figure i'm best off with a Pocket Bouncer by Lumiquest.

Yep . . . the WA is the "optical white" WA diffuser. IIRC, Garth is describing the tele adapter. Note that some WA diffusers for *other* brands of flash units do resemble a Fresnel (notably the one for my Metz).

BTW . . . the Lumiquest is larger and will soften more than the OM WA panel, and it won't affect the flash sensor if it's installed correctly. I use the larger version on my Sunpak 544/555 handles (that have larger heads) and it works fairly well . . . again at closer distances (about 10-12 feet and under).

If you do have a problem with a diffuser spilling light into the flash sensor, an opaque shield to shade the top of the sensor from the diffuser will fix the problem.

-- John