Re: [OM] Which slide scanner

Subject: Re: [OM] Which slide scanner
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 21:21:35 -0700
The light sources in the Nik*n, semi-coherent, and Polar*id, diffuse, are quite different. Those scanners with relatively coherent light sources are the ones that most need ICE, while the diffuse ones don't benefit enough to justify the effect on sharpness. Also, you need an infrared channel for things like ICE to work. With my Can*scan, between the one at a time nature of scanning so each frame is dust-offed, and the diffuse light source, I have very little spotting to do.

With an auto feeder, slide or roll, some kind of spot control would be pretty important.

Moose