Re: [OM] Which slide scanner

Subject: Re: [OM] Which slide scanner
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 10:00:38 -0500
Tom,
I don't dispute that ICE is indispensable to those for whom it is indispensable, or that it might be indispensable for a Nikon scanner (this is not a dig at Nikon, as I owned a Nikon at one time). I just object to the absolute statement that ICE is indispensable. It's a little like saying the right click button on the mouse is indispensable (it is to me) when Apple people get along without it.

But I am admittedly behind the times in scanner lore. I take you at your word that the latest version doesn't introduce any softening. That would be my main concern. Truth is that the Polaroid scan starts off a little on the soft side anyway. I don't think it even sees the surface in quite the same way as a Nikon scanner. I accept these as just differences rather than issues making one better than the other.

BTW what is the dust problem with the Polaroid?

Joel W.