Re: [OM] F280 FP

Subject: Re: [OM] F280 FP
From: Matt BenDaniel <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 19:50:32 -0400
Cc: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skip,

I found an interesting article here:

http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/text-streak.html

Apparently in Super FP mode, the F280 pulses about 10000 Hertz. This implies
that the F280  would flash 5 times during a 0.5 millisecond exposure. That does
not sound equivalent to continuous lighting. For example, with moving
hummingbird wings, this could yield some interesting artifacts.

It's also too bad that the engineers didn't make the F280 capable of delivering
a very bright duration of a few milliseconds that supports a shutter speed of
1/2000s with a reasonably strong guide number.

Matt

--
Matt BenDaniel
matt@xxxxxxxxxxxx